In this episode, Andrew sits down with Amy Win – founder of 4Lunch, an award-winning social enterprise that runs cookery courses, food business training and catering.
[00:48] Amy introduces herself and her story.
[02:04] Setting up a social enterprise.
[05:28] Finding help and getting a mentor.
[07:20] How 4Lunch operates as a social enterprise.
[09:23] How Amy has used 4Lunch to impact society and help people start their food businesses.
[13:19] Where Amy spends most of her time in 4Lunch.
[16:08] How Amy learnt to cook.
[19:11] Following passion over following the traditional career route.
[25:50] What strategies and tactics has Amy used to add structure to entrepreneurial life.
[30:14] Building a business around what works best for you and your sleeping patterns.
[36:24] Amy’s vision for 4Lunch.
[40:04] Will Amy start a YouTube cooking channel or bring out a cooking book?
[41:41] Creating Airbnb experiences (Social Impact Experiences)
[43:12] How Amy comes up with ideas for 4Lunch and then makes them happen.
[46:15] Starting a meditation course by Sam Harris.
[50:20] Recommended book: The War on Normal People: The Truth About America’s Disappearing Jobs and Why Universal Basic Income Is Our Future by Andrew Yang.
[51:57] Who inspires Amy.
[55:06] Amy’s most valuable skill for her business is web development and SEO.
[56:43] Amy’s advice for anyone who is starting a business and feels overwhelmed.
[57:40] Contact details for any one who wants to reach out to Amy.
- Waking Up – Sam Harris (podcast): https://samharris.org/podcast/
- Waking Up with Sam Harris (Meditation App): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/waking-up-with-sam-harris/id1307736395?mt=8
- The War on Normal People by Andrew Yang: https://www.amazon.co.uk/War-Normal-People-Disappearing-Universal/dp/0316414247
- Amy Win – Founder
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://4lunch.co.uk/
- LinkedIn: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/amy-win-4lunch
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/4lunchmcr
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/4Lunch/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/4lunchmcr/
Leave Some Feedback
- Who do you think I should interview next? Let me know in the comments.
- Did you find this episode helpful? If you did, I would love a review.
- Subscribe to #AMBITIOUS on iTunes.
Work With Us
- Ambitious-Media: https://www.ambitious-media.com/
Follow #AMBITIOUS on Social
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/hashtagambi
#AMBITIOUS is a video channel and podcast hosted by Andrew Leong. The purpose of #AMBITIOUS is to interview top performers and share their business, career and growth strategies, tactics and stories with you.